The 2016 MMANC Winter Forum drew a packed audience to the Foster City Recreation Center on Wednesday, February 24, with over 120 registrants amassing new ways to “Collaborate Across Communities.” The day’s agenda featured two CGL-certified courses – Leading with Emotional Intelligence and Managing Human and Fiscal Resources – as well as sessions on The 4 C’s of Problem Solving, which delivered tips on how to tap into your inner administrative MacGuyver, and Behind the Scenes at the Big Event, which shared lessons learned by municipalities during the recent Super Bowl 50. Over lunchtime, the Winter Forum served as the platform to recognize several outstanding contributors to MMANC and the profession of municipal management, including:
- Booster Award: Valerie & Gary Phillips, Bob Murray & Associates
- Ed Sajor Memorial Student Award: Matthew Channing, San Francisco State University
- Longstanding & Continued Support Award: Bobbi Peckham, Peckham & McKenney
- President’s Award: Miranda Lutzow, City of Oakdale
- Regional Service Award: Kim Castro, City of Santa Clara
- Wes McClure Outstanding Assistant Award: Kelly MacAdoo, City of Hayward
Members of the 2015 Board of Directors and 2015 Annual Conference Planning Committee were also recognized for their contributions. Participants ended the day with a casual Nosh & Network at nearby BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse, where they solidified new connections among colleagues. Special thanks to the Cities of Sacramento, San Jose, San Mateo, and Santa Clara, and the Counties of Napa and San Mateo for offering their expertise as speakers throughout the day, and to Foster City for serving as gracious hosts. MMANC’s next signature event, Women’s Leadership Summit, is scheduled to take place this spring – we will see you there!